Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave Matthews Band officially cuts ties with Boyd
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 06:15 AM   #30
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews Band officially cuts ties with Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
Yeah. Boyd was his boss, people. That is not ok.
That's not what makes it sexual assault though...that's not about power, despite many powerful committing various acts of sexual assault on subordinates.

Unfortunately, there are people that willingly enter into relationships with superiors with the intent of leveraging that relationship into some sort of benefit. Further, they can (and some have) claimed being a victim when their plans failed. Arguably that might be an aspect of the leverage, e.g.: I do this and I get A, B, and C OR I tell people you forced me, and I get A, B, C, and more. Hell, sometimes it shared affection and sometimes that goes bad and people want something in return.

Sadly, this remains a possibility as it relates to this case. Although historically less likely than Boyd being the aggressor/harasser/assaulter, it is still potentiality. Barring a risky settlement, we will likely hear more details that will reveal some version of the real truth regardless of direction. In the end, Boyd's pretty much done from a career perspective given the recent shift in societal views...not something from which he's likely to recover even if he were exonerated.

It is, however, unfair to instantly assume these allegations are true. Just as unfair as if we were to dismiss them off-hand. An accusation has been made and there is a process set in motion that will determine the accuracy. Hopefully the outcome of said process is in fact accurate and just.