Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave Matthews Band officially cuts ties with Boyd
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:38 AM   #9
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave Matthews Band officially cuts ties with Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
Listen to all of these tapes from all those great years

Is it tarnished?
It's a tough one.

I grew up with Cosby doing Picture Pages on Sesame Street. Fat Albert (and the Brown Hornet)... His special Himself was HUGE with all of my friends and the Cosby Show was one of those few shows we watched as a family.

His comedy and work were very ingrained in me and part of regular references and jokes I'd make. Now I don't, but only after near instantaneous process of thinking about the joke, remembering the source, being sad and disgusted, and not making the reference. Cosby's work is something I can no longer enjoy.

That said, at this time we cannot and should not conflate Boyd and the allegations in this lawsuit with the allegations and latest verdict against Cosby or similar vile degenerates. At this time they are extremely different levels within the process as well as a massively different levels of impropriety and legality/illegality.

Even if Boyd's found guilty of this single situation (and I'd view a settlement as some level of admission of guilt), it's not the same as literal sexual assault and rape. I think he'd have a hard settling though, because of the doors it would open for more victims to come forward looking for a pay day.

Shitty situation all around. 'Fucks wrong with people?