Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Avett Brothers
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #966
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Avett Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascf33 View Post
Welcome to the club.

They are so good and so tight live. There aren't many other bands I'd rather see live.
Right now, there aren't any I'd want to see over them...maybe some equal, but certainly no one more than.

I've been a big fan 10 years and have yet to hear a song I actively hate or and album that I enjoy less that 75% of. Actually, I usually throw on albums by all artists that I like and listen all the way though. I don't skip any of their songs. They are master songwriters and performers. I'm partially mad at myself for not getting around to seeing them sooner. Lesson learned as I will be going to MANY more shows.

It was great how little time they wasted not playing music. I wish I could get a pair for Friday and Saturday Oct 26 & 27...would love to see them in a smaller venue. We're trying to work out whether or not we can do December 30 & 31 in Charlotte.

Right now they are my "favorite" band. This rarely lasts more than a few months at a time for most bands, but it's always rotating. They have been on my permanent list of favorite bands for several years though...

They are as sublimely unique as DMB to me, albeit with a completely different sound, vibe, and feel. It's like folk and bluegrass meets Neil Young meets the Band meets grunge and punk on old time instrumentation yet expanding beyond that when ever they see fit.

The varying configurations they use on stage from full band, down to the original trio, to a solo Scott or Seth, to the the core four, and every other available permutation is very cool. Whatever best serves the music.

Masters is what they are...and still growing.

Last edited by grilldanmo; 08-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.
grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote