Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Lillywhite Sessions Confession/Story time
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 06:49 PM   #66
Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Lillywhite Sessions Confession/Story time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmytng9 View Post
I think I might not be getting across what I am trying to convey.

There was no LWS anywhere at the time of my finding, just the band and maybe some deep insiders had it. Someone (either in the band or a deep insider) had the tracks in their personal collection under non-descriptive titles so they wouldn't be found. Napster happened to catalog them, or maybe they had them in their Napster folder to be able to send to someone else closely involved in this.
I started searching by users personal collections, I sorted by those collections that had the most DMB files, In one of those users collections I came across Song A, Song B, Song C and so on. I downloaded those because they seemed out of place among all the other DMB songs in this users collection with descriptive track titles. These were the clips I had. They were not at all the LWS we have today and they were not even the Demo #2 recordings. They were in a much less mixed state and much rawer than both.

there were other LWS copies that were different takes of what we have today, but without any clips there's no way we could confirm this.

See what you can find on an old computer.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote