Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Running Thread**
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #3075
WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Running Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
That's normal for getting used to running and your body will adapt, do stretch though calves and Achilles
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat View Post
Whatever it is, be smart and safe with it. I am currently dealing with either a serious calf strain or muscle pull. Thankfully there is no bruising or skin discoloring so I am pretty sure there is not a muscle tear. Had to drop down to the half from the full I have on the 15th. No reason in trying to pound out 26.2 and risk further damage. So, going to take it easy this week (that means trying to not run at all) then take it really easy next week and try to get to the start line some what healthy to get through the half.
Thanks for the replies!

I've been going home and doing some light stretching, foam rolling and icing after my runs. It seems to be helping because they typically feel almost 100% the next day (usually around 90-95%).

I'm cautious with stretching because in early March I was focusing on my stretching and definitely strained my calves. Apparently I can't tell the difference between good pain and bad pain (it felt good when I was stretching).
WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote