Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Pensacola/Jax 2019 Thread**
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #62
ajc_1988
...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Pensacola/Jax 2019 Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler3440 View Post
I have never actually beeen to the beach in pensacola! How’s the beach here?
I've been stationed here since 2016, and as an avid beach bum I can say without a doubt Pensacola is one of the best beaches in the country. Pensacola beach is very touristy and gets super congested during the warm months. I highly recommend checking out Fort Pickens, the National Seashore, and Johnson beach. Johnson beach is my favorite spot, but you do have to pay if you don't have an annual pass.

There is no shortage of amazing restaurants, if you eat at a chain restaurant while you're here then you're deadass wrong. Hotels aren't gonna be cheap, especially if you want to stay by the water. There's several downtown, which would be really convenient for getting to/from the venue. The bay center is a pretty small venue, I think it holds like 10k? I've been to several shows there, even the nose bleed seats aren't terrible. Will definitely be trying for floor in citi/public onsale.

I haven't been as active as I used to be on here, but will gladly help with any questions about the area!