Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Rate the Album
Thread: Rate the Album
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #314
jzq4242

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Rate the Album

I've given it a chance, and listened enough. My feelings of anticipating, listening to, and assessing this album. Michael Jordan in a Wizards uniform. Even Hank Aaron as a Milwaukee Brewer, or Jarimor Jagr in the NHL at 45. It is the legend, at times playing well, but no magic, not exceptional anymore.
Just my assessment: Can't Stop -better as a jam/ live song than a studio song, but a good song. Idea of You, Virginia in the Rain, very good songs. B&BB, Sam Cop, good (just not my liking) and Here on Out is solid Dave, sounds like it would have been on Some Devil. Won't call out anything specific, but some of the rest is really week.

The sad part is DMB wrote much of the big 3 in 2-3 years. This is 6 years culminating in really nothing. And the sound is no more. The violin that wasn't exactly country or southern rock, but perfect, the sax the wasn't too smooth or jazzy, but fit perfect, Dave voice stretching at all the right points, somehow had all parts fit perfect. This doesn't fit.

Summer tour reviews haven't been good. ALL GOOD STORIES HAVE AN ENDING. I wouldn't mind seeing this be the last tour. A long break, and the next I'd like to see them is at the HOF, with the original 4 + Jeff. Maybe one offs here and there. With Boyd gone, for whatever the reason, don't want to see some incarnations year after year.
jzq4242 is offline   Reply With Quote