Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coffin On 2021 Tour...
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 06:48 AM   #128
WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
I don't know if anybody is really disputing Fauci's timeline. It does seem a bit optimistic though.

But the possibility of events late in 2021 is certainly possible. But it still sounds like social distancing measures might be necessary, which would limit the ability for popular bands like DMB to have packed sell out crowds anytime this year. Would they play a venue like MSG in December, if it has to be limited to say 50-70% capacity? With few exceptions, it's going to be impossible holding outdoor shows until Spring 2022, and since indoor events carry more risk for spread, they won't be able to, at the start, pack them into the venues once they start booking indoor venues again.
My interpretation was the fall 2021 remark by Fauci was normal scenarios. No distancing, masks maybe, but full indoor/outdoor events.

My thought is if Fauci is saying fall, we'll likely see things more normal well before that. GOP states have already been lenient with restrictions and when the more at risk population is inoculated and protected we're going to see hospitalizations go down drastically. The whole point of the shutdowns was yes, to save lives, but to mainly protect the hospitals from being flooded. If the hospitals aren't full, governors are gonna want to open up for business. Not saying it's right, but at that point it'll be a personal choice to take precautions.

A roadie on Reddit said it very well. We may be able to have big concerts with little to no safety measures by fall but unless these shows are already scheduled it's going to be spring 2022. His comment was all the pre-production that has to happen beforehand. We'll likely see small, independent venues leading the charge for a long time. Plus bands like Phish and DMB may stand a better chance because their stage show is nothing like a Bruno Mars or Billie Eilish.

All that said, I'm surprised Fauci has that level of optimism. I pray he's right, but he hasn't let us down yet.
WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote