Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coffin On 2021 Tour...
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #94
Jake C

Shows Seen: 106

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

In a different tread a fellow fan that works inside the venue industry brought up some of the potential challenges. And points out the potential conflict of public vs private venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhwinNichole View Post
Here's an article about the "medical voucher" - or in this case an app - and where they are in the process - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/13/t...e=articleShare

Talks are starting back up with stadiums using this app but the venue industry is abuzz about this. An article went out a month or so ago that sounded like Live Nation was going to do it, but they have since said they didn't say they were, but all options are on the table. There are some legal issues... private venues (like The Gorge) will be allowed to require this, but publicly owned venues (those owned by municipalities - which some stadiums and arenas are... probably some amphitheaters too) probably won't be able to require this. Venues will fight this because of it - if some can and some can't, they usually band together to either require it of all or require it of none. That really has nothing to do with the campground question, but just an update. I sit on an industry affairs committee for venues and it's been an interesting discussion.

I would imagine the camp ground, because it's run by Live Nation, would require it IF the venue itself requires. I would think private camp grounds will likely not require it unless forced to by law and if law forces them to, then they have to navigate the tricky waters of government owned camp grounds (state parks, county parks, national parks... etc).

I don't know one way or another, not an expert, just speaking from my knowledge within the venue industry. It will be interesting to see play out.
You bring up a good point state by state will vary as well.

I think the next few months will be full of discussions, challenges, and changes.

- J
Jake C is offline   Reply With Quote