Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Tinley Park, IL Thread 2019***
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #66
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Tinley Park, IL Thread 2019***

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigjq1 View Post
Unless it is Van Halen with Sammy Hagar coming back, no way they would play Wrigley. Talk about a train wreck waiting to happen.
Definitely feel you on that, though it's been a lot of well-placed industry sources that have hinted that they be doing a handful of stadium dates (Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Wrigley) with the original 4 guys (Michael Anthony returning on bass) possibly as a double bill. The Foo Fighters name was tossed around a bit.

NOTHING at all concrete. Anthony has been asked multiple times and denies even hearing from the VH camp. Plus, Sammy Hagar & The Circle (in which he plays bass) is releasing their first original studio album in May and just announced a pretty extensive tour April-June to support it, so how would that factor in?

It started when DL Roth was doing some radio interview to promote some skincare line he's hawking or something, and threw in an offhand comment about how you'd see him back with his 'main thing' this summer 'where the Yankees play.'

100% color me skeptical on all of this, but it's the hot rumor right now.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote