Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dave "Celebration for Change" Biden Event 7/26
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:07 PM   #68
*loverulesme*

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dave "Celebration for Change" Biden Event 7/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg83 View Post
Feels good knowing my favorite musical artist is on the right side of history. I'm not really sure how you can connect with the music Dave makes, with the themes he so often employs, and support a conservative agenda at all, bust especially the disgusting incompetent dumpster fire of hate in the White House right now.
I'm conservative. I support Trump. I'm a DMB and Dave fan and have been for decades.

We have a very recent (last few years) problem in our society in that we used to be able to agree to disagree and move on to find common ground. That was the norm.

That's not the norm now. Now, if you disagree with someone politically, then the relationship is often over. That's very unfortunate.

I'm for finding common ground.

With that said, being a long-term DMB and Dave fan means you're going to get A LOT of his political views. Does my dentist shove political views down my throat? No, my dentist cleans my teeth, and I pay for that. Does a clerk at my local grocery store shove his or her politics down my throat? No, the clerk rings up my groceries, and I pay for them. We say, "Have a good day" to each other.

For whatever reason, celebrities think they need to "endorse" candidates...Barbra Streisand, Cher, Rosie O'Donnell, Dave Matthews, Bette Midler, Kanye West, Scott Baio, Roseanne Barr, etc, think it's their duty to "use their platform" to get us to vote a certain way. How have they come to that conclusion? I don't know.

I'm impressed with artists for their art, not for their political expertise or views.

Last edited by *loverulesme*; 07-29-2020 at 11:09 PM.
*loverulesme* is offline   Reply With Quote