Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Official Running Thread**
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #3355
whodat
CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Official Running Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
MRI came back and I do have a labrum tear in my hip. He said this was the result of having a retroverted hip, which is basically my femur is in the hip joint all funky and causes an impingement which led to my labrum tearing.

I'm going to start PT next week and get anesthesia injection in 2 weeks. He's got me on some anti-inflammatories for the time being.

All that said, I think my running days are over. He told me the surgery to correct the retroverted hip is pretty involved and large. I'm looking to avoid that and maintain my labrum as much as possible since this will probably eventually cause some arthritis. Really sucks because I'd plan to train for the St. Jude marathon this year but I don't see that happening anymore.
Read this a couple days ago and just don't know what to say other than that sucks. Such a bummer when something 100% out of your control is what derails something you enjoy doing. Is running totally out or just long distance? Hopefully PT helps and you can maybe still run a little.