Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *The Official: Vote For Me Thread*
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 06:43 AM   #81
mandy18

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Shameless plea for donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy18 View Post
Ok, I hate to be that person that 1) keeps asking for help and 2) bumps their own thread, but ...

I would really appreciate it if anybody / everybody could take a few seconds of time and help vote in an online contest.

The Harlequin More than Words is giving $15,000 to the top 3 vote getters (come on - out of 5 - it's so sad we're not in at least 3rd) and I would really appreciate it if you could take a few seconds and vote for Megan Yunn.
There's no signing up for anything, no registration: just follow the link and click "Vote for Megan" under her picture.

www.beverlysbirthdays.org/VOTE

I'm a member of the Cake & Ice Cream Donor Club, so this charity is important to me. Here's their background story:

Our Story

In March of 2011, Beverly's Birthdays founder, Megan Yunn "Megs", was volunteering at a local afterschool program and was helping a young girl named Beverly complete her homework. Beverly was asked to use the word "accustomed to" in a sentence. Trying to provide her with an example of how to use the word, Megs said "Beverly, at a birthday party people are accustomed to eating what?" Beverly responded, "I have never had a birthday party or a birthday cake."

At 12 years old Beverly had never had a birthday party of her own. Inspired by Beverly's story, Megs decided to start her own organization that provides birthday celebrations for homeless youth in the Pittsburgh Region. In June of 2011, Megs submitted her idea to the "BE BIG in Your Community Contest," a signature component of the ongoing Clifford The Big Red Dog® BE BIG!™ campaign sponsored by American Family Insurance and was selected as a first place winner out of over 1,000 entries in the nation. Beverly’s Birthdays received a starter grant to help make Megs dream a reality.

$15,000 would help a lot of children celebrate their birthdays. Please consider taking a few seconds to vote.

Thanks!
They finally announced the winner - and Beverly's Birthdays won the contest!!!

To all that voted - thank you!!!
mandy18 is offline   Reply With Quote