Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - the (2021) summer so far
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #88
phoolhearted

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: the (2021) summer so far

Before i start: Fan since 02, first show 2007.

I've said this before on these boards, and I'll say it again now... One of the best things you can do for yourself as a DMB fan is take a break from seeing this band live. I saw shows consistenly from 2007 - 2015. I did a five show stretch of tour in 2012. Saw one show in '13, '14, and '15. Then I stopped. I saw other bands. Lots of other bands.

I was in Raleigh on Friday night, and it was a fantastic show. The energy was unreal, the crowd was great. The playing was tight as fuck all around. Buddy adds a much needed dimension to this band. (I love Boyd, and will never besmirch his contributions to this band). Seen Branford on LLD twice (2010, and 2021) and Friday night was absolutely incredible. To see anyone that Jerry Garcia gave the nod to play with DMB is a treat and a half.

After 6 years of no shows (and just listening to the highlights here and there), Friday night was impeccable.

If you're waiting for 2021 DMB to sound like 1998 DMB you're wasting your time. Take a break and come back. You'll fall in love all over again.
phoolhearted is offline   Reply With Quote