Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The National
Thread: The National
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #2247
Jordan#41

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The National

Maybe I take that back.

Another highlight of the evening comes with the airing of new track ‘Light Years’, showcasing the band at their most sombre and esoteric. Musically, they tell us that progress on their next album is well beyond the halfway point of completion, and is just awaiting rewrites and tweaking from Berninger. Partly made up of material from the ‘Sleep Well Beast’ sessions and partly something entirely different, album number eight is currently driven by a certain ‘looseness’ and ‘an energy that’s evaded us in the past’, says Bryce. “‘Sleep Well Beast’ still feels like it’s going somewhere – it hasn’t yet arrived completely to me,” admits Aaron.

Bryan meanwhile, describes their next effort as a “departure record” – and then some. “It’s going to be more than just a record,” he continues. “The other material that’s accompanying it is basically inspiring the record. It’s a collaborative project. I’ve said too much already…

“It’s not a big deal, it’s just different to everything else we’ve done. There’s a new element to it. That’s why Matt is rewriting everything.”

Source: https://www.nme.com/nme-big-read-the-national
Jordan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote