Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 07:56 AM   #15723
dmbnufan
Go Cubs

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
i would expect that if break free and break for it in fact are making the album, it will be new recordings so they are capturing the current band as-is. You've got Tim and Buddy who weren't around for those original recordings adding their parts and so certainly would hope they would take the effort to just do them as they are today. They're clearly rehearsed up enough on both those songs to perform live, so would think that positions them to rock em out in the studio.

NEW songs from past 2-ish years: walk around the moon, Madman's Eyes, Ocean and the butterfly (i like this song more than most apparently), The Only Thing

OLD new songs: break for it, break free, shotgun, and Sweet Up And Down (hasnt shown up this year, but they loved it last year and if the label is obsessing over a single....this song could do it).

That's at least 8 songs right there that are reasonably in play. Have to assume STTMB and Windows are prolly sidelined.....such is life. Here's hoping that all the above listed tunes make the album plus a handful of others that we haven't heard yet. That's HOPE.
First, SUAD has popped up this tour already. Secondly, I can't see Shotgun or SUAD being on the new record.

And I sure as hope Windows and STTMB do not show up on this record. Those two, especially Windows, have no business being on a DMB record. Tired of seeing record slots taken up by Dave solo songs. Windows and/or STTMB should have been recorded and released digitally as they spoke to specific moments in time. I don't want to go back and remember that time Dave sang Windows on that Verizon @ Home thing early in the pandemic; those times were bleak and the album should be forward-looking, IMO.