Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - General Discussion on Setlists as a Whole This Year
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #1173
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Anyone else think these setlists are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashintonickdm View Post
I love how people listt 4 great songs out of 21 total songs which were mostly terrible and go “how do you not enjoy this?!”
Only show I've been to, Bristow:

1. Don’t Drink the Water
2. Cant Stop
3. Warehouse
4. Do You Remember
6. Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
7. You Might Die Trying
8. Lying In the Hands of God
9. That Girl Is You
10. The Song That Jane Likes
11. You and Me
12. She
13. Ants Marching
14. Sister *
15. Louisiana Bayou

The bolded is the only song I don't like. I very much like, if not love, almost every other song (don't need to hear AM live again). You nor anyone else has to, but on it's own there's little to complain about. Of course, if I get pretty much this same set at another show (plus the six or songs that were cut), I'd be a little annoyed...unless they're killing it AND depending upon those other tunes.

And here are the missing tunes from the Bristow show:

Again and Again
Satellite
One Sweet World
The Space Between
Tripping Billies

Again I've bolded the only song I don't care for. I've heard Satellite enough and have never been a big TB fan, but AaA, OSW, and #27 would also be great to hear live. Sure, I'd love a show full of liberations and songs I've never heard live, but I don't get to make those choices.

We've got four more shows, including a SPAC weekend and were open to pretty much anything (except featuring more SU tunes). The band (Dave) is pulling from a collection of 200 or so originals and I love that vast majority of the 175+ not from ED or SU. It's more than likely that we'll enjoy the vast majority of each song.
grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote