Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coffin On 2021 Tour...
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #138
WidespreadMule3

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coffin On 2021 Tour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
Small to mid tier concerts will happen, especially outdoors. My hometown in rural Ohio has a Labor Day festival every year. This year they have a big concert planned with multiple country acts who were a big deal in the 90’s. Not “Garth Brooks big”, or even “Alan Jackson big”, but big enough that I know who they are, as a non-country fan. I’m sure things like that event will go ahead. Things on the county fair level will happen, more in the boonies and less in the big cities. States like California won’t have anything. But as far as big events, like a DMB tour with 20,000+ in a venue... no chance. Large festivals like Bonnaroo or Glastonbury will also be a no-go. 2022 is the new 2021... 2021 is 2020 part 2.
I'm gonna disagree, as of right now about Bonnaroo and other fall festivals. I can see them happening, especially if they're camping festivals. You're essentially creating a bubble. You require proof of vaccination, test everyone entering and things can happen safely.

Again, it needs to be reiterated, we're talking about events that are 9 months away. Nine months ago in 2020, we were still wiping down our groceries because we thought our Oatmeal Cream Pies had COVID all over them. A lot can change in that long of a period of time, especially with technology.
WidespreadMule3 is offline   Reply With Quote