Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Summer Tour Warm Up Videos
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 05:09 PM   #1844
jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Summer Tour Warm Up Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
The violin synth fills are hit or miss. Played as fills it can feel a bit more like older DMB, as some of the synth fills remind me of things Butch used to do. But when he takes a violin synth solo in Tripping Billies it doesn't sound right. Just play a piano solo in between like Sweet Up and Down. I'm glad they brought back the line Boyd used to do at the end of Grey Street. That was crucial to the climax of the song, but I do think it would probably sound better played on trumpet and then let Jeff solo instead of trading off. The line is getting played though, so I won't complain.

It's one thing to play the violin synth as a fill, but when he solos it kind of makes you scratch your head and say..."if it's important enough to make it sound like a violin then maybe it's time to get a VIOLIN!!!"
Could not agree more with this. But you know what, the new album thread just revealed the DMB still listens to a record label, so really nothing makes any sense.