Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #19999
maxatlof

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
Not sure if anyone in this thread is a Garth Brooks fan, but they announced yesterday the 'Legacy Vinyl Collection', a 7-LP box set that will include the albums:

Triple Live (recent live release recorded on the comeback tour - 3xLP)
No Fences
The Chase
In Pieces
Fresh Horses

It's being released in THREE different configurations:
The 'Analog' set - all the albums cut from the original analog masters. NOT remastered, but they are AAA. (I would have to imagine the live album is the exception here as those shows had to have been recorded digitally of course.)
The 'Remixed/Remastered' set - the albums have been transferred to digital and both remixed and remastered.
The 'Limited' set - Numbered set with bonus tracks.

Upon the initial release later this year, the 'Analog' and 'Remixed/Remastered' sets will be priced at $50, and the Limited Set at $75. (Quite a deal for 7 LP's, IMO.) . However today at 6 PM they are opening a fans only ordering window where you can pre-order ALL THREE sets for a *total* of $100 and free shipping. You even get to *choose* what number you want for the limited set (you can select a specific 6 digit number - your birthday, etc...) or you can just opt for 'lowest available.'

They won't be available until November, and cards will not be charged until 30 days before the ship date.

This is a pretty amazing deal.

The only thing I find odd is that why the S/T debut album and 'Ropin' The Wind' are not included here. They skip the debut, include No Fences, skip 'Ropin' The Wind' (which may have been the biggest one of them all), and then include the next 3 in his catalog.
Wow, that is a really good deal for all that vinyl. But I'm shocked/confused as to why they wouldn't include his debut album or Ropin' the Wind. (dont get it twisted, No Fences is easily the biggest/most popular of any of his albums.)
maxatlof is offline   Reply With Quote