Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I can pretty comfortably say that Baby Blue is Big 3 good
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #50
Ram

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I can pretty comfortably say that Baby Blue is Big 3 good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbtrojan View Post
the vocals on this song are horrendous. there ya go.

This is easily the worst track off the album, and whoever started this thread and honestly thought that this holds up to anything on the big 3 deserves to be put in the Pillory and have spoiled vegetables thrown at them
I know everyone has different opinions on the music, which is going to happen, but to say it's horrendous is pretty extreme.

The song's about Roi, Dave said so directly in the Pinfield radio interview, and especially if you heard the April version where it's just him and the guitar, you can imagine what it might have been like for him to sing that song. And if there's a little crack in his voice, I chalk it up to the emotion of the lyrics and it means all the more to me when I listen to it. I don't know how anyone who has listened to DMB as long as many of us have could feel any other way.

And I'd love to see the people who fire off all the smarmy "this sucks, that sucks" posts in here have a chance to say it to Dave's face. I don't think a single one of them would have the balls to say it. Everyone's big and bad with the safety and anonymity of the internet.

Dave and the rest of the group put their souls out on display in these records. Like it, don't like it, that's cool. But sometimes it'd be nice to see a few more of the Ants show a little bit of respect - cause maybe it's not his best vocal performance...but it's in a different league than anything anyone on here could do.

"Horrendous" nah. Let's hear you sing.