Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - BWGK on Vinyl
Thread: BWGK on Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #546
Norman Smiley
Fucking Douche

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: BWGK on Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
According to our industry insiders on Blu-ray.com the $300 Neil Young set sold well enough that they're okay with doing a Blu-ray version for his upcoming new album "Le Noise" (produced by Daniel Lanois) and repressed new copies of the $300 Archives set. In 2006 you only needed to move 20,00 0 copies of a Blu-ray title to break even, as per Richard Casey of R&B Films, so in 2010 I'm sure that number is more like 2,000. I have no doubt they would have sold enough to make it profitable, especially if they'd included a nice high rez 5.1 surround mix on the Blu-ray as well as the super deluxe video footage. It would have been my first choice, but that's no surprise!

The poll I did here showed that when it comes to deluxe reissues the most popular option was Blu-ray, then vinyl, then 2CD sets, then DVD+CD sets, then in last place "digital downloads or the current CD's are fine for me" - with over 500 people polled it was a decent survey of a non-audiophile community like AM.org.

I stopped looking for BTCS. I'm not willing to spend money on it when I'm 100% positive vinyl catalogue reissues are in the works for sometime in 2010 or 2011.

This is why I just sold mine.

"I do not read the reviews. No, I am not singing for you."