Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Official Mohegan Sun Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 02:14 AM   #213
skoobz314
Yea...that happened

Location: On the corner of Grey Street (at the end of the road)

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Mohegan Sun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
Yeah I am not a fan of stadium shows either. I also think a 1/3 fill stadium kind of sounds depressing. However, at this point I’ll take what I can get.

I hope you’re right about next summer. I’m not optimistic, but I do hope you’re right!
Here in CT, UCONN Basketball said they will not be playing in Hartford because the venue came right out and said unless its about 90% full they won't make any money. Butts in seats. Thats the bottom line here.

These baseball teams and football teams can afford to not sell 60k tickets because they have TV money as the primary revenue source today. Tickets, concessions etc are not where the money is made in sports but its the sole source of income on a tour. If people don't go they don't make money. Can a live act be profitable at 50% capacity at Fenway, Citi, MetLife etc?

Mohegan holds about 12k from what I remember. Will 5-6k people pay 150+ a ticket to see a show so they can remain profitable? Thats the real question. Not if they will tour, but what would the cost of a scrapped tour, total refunds and a new "socially distanced" tour where every other seat is sold at a higher amount to make up for the lost revenue.