Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Worst Alpine weekend I've ever been to - a weekend review
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #37
Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Worst Alpine weekend I've ever been to - a weekend review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsied55 View Post
If we are talking about the casual fan/ bro sure they know 1 album so of course they would like the 1 album they have heard which is why they are at the show. However anyone who has heard 3-5 albums from the band the overall consensus that we see is BW is in the bottom half of albums created.

Person above stated BW was good work and that was the consensus when indeed the consensus here is that its not. And since the casual fan pry has no album to compare BW too since they don't know the library very well....how could they come to a decision on where it ranks?
It's pretty amazing how many people on this site think of DMB's fanbase in terms of a hardcore fan/drunk frat daddy binary. Message board fans and shitfaced bros, that literally don't know any songs in the DMB canon except for Crash, You & Me, and Two Step make up like 1% of any given audience. People that pour hours of their life into a message board getting into pissing contest with strangers about a set a band played at a show they weren't at and people who drop $75 to see a band they know barely anything about are rare. DMB doesn't give a fuck about the self-professed die hards on this site or what the puking brosef on the lawn thinks and they really shouldn't. Also, if you think there are fans that have heard none of the bands albums except BW you're fucking nuts. BW wasn't a crossover commercial success at all; there's no way that album defines DMB for anybody. Crash is the album that defines DMB in the minds of the casual fans