Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - PSA: Band and Taper mic stands
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
coombse
Salty, as fuck.

Shows Seen: 93

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: PSA: Band and Taper mic stands

I encourage everyone to support the tapers as best you can.

Have great seats that can be used for taping? Check for stickied taper thread. With the differing levels of seats (pit, lowers and uppers) many tapers are stuck with shitty uppers and scrambling to get a spot that can tape a show from effectively. Do they need pits? In some cases yes, others no....

If you hear people complaining (and yes, there are all sorts of assholes out there) about stands set them straight.

Most of all recognize the hard work taping is. Tailgating cut short. You're not gonna be any good if you're fucked up anyways. After show you're trying to get out as security is bitching at you to get out. And that there's hours of work involved converting them for your listening pleasure.

Am I a taper? Nope, but have played my part over the years and continue to. We're losing tapers. The days of 3-4 tapes at the big shows are over.... One SPAC and Florida run taper? Pay attention folks.... pay the fuck attention...

My PSA is over now

**Survivor 2016 Columbia River Tragedy**

Last edited by coombse; 08-05-2015 at 01:10 PM.
coombse is offline   Reply With Quote