Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:17 PM   #754
SeekUpTheCubs
DMBallwasher

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan#41 View Post
DMB is a touring band. They won't release a new album until touring is safe again. If any new music, I'd say July/August is a safe bet.
So is pretty much every band. It's not like Taylor Swift has historically released albums without tours. Or any of the other massive acts that have released music during this past year. And it's not like there's a pandemic every three years to set a precedent. Dave wrote an album; the band recorded an album.

At some point they will release that album. Even if it's tomorrow and they don't tour until 2022, they'll still play songs from the album because it will be their latest album.

With the shift towards more digital media, I think it is absolutely fair to speculate there could be an announcement that an album is coming spring or early summer.