Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 08:31 PM   #15790
spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhamilton07 View Post
Now that the tour is over I've had a chance to think back on the cool moments of all my shows. I meant to ask the boards after spac about a guitar switch up I saw before Bartender N2. Guitar that was put on stage before the show started looked like standard tuning guitar but when the band took the stage, Dave's guitar tech quickly ran out and switched it with the drop d 12 string. We thought we were seeing a last minute audible but after the show looking at the printed setlist and even the written one that was posted on instagram, it was Bartender all along.

Did anyone else notice this or have any insight into why the wrong guitar was out there for a while while the crew was setting up. Only thing I could think of was the band trying to fake out the all knowing spac crowd because Daves tech is usually on spot.

maybe dave was thinking about starting off with #40 after the set was written and then decided against it when walking out. at fiddlers in 2021, the set was written to open with billies but dave played #40 before hand.