Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Sign her up
Thread: Sign her up
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #89
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Sign her up

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilldanmo View Post
She already thinks there are too many people on stage.

She loved hearing the violin in Ants again, so she's not against the violin, but she thinks they're already too many folks on there. Were they to ditch a couple of the current members to bring the violin back, she'd be more on board. So, it's less that they can't, but she feels like they shouldn't add anyone without removing at least one of the current players, with a focus on the extra bits...Buddy, Rashwn, and/or Tim. And she likes these guys overall, appreciating on some tunes far more than other tunes, but she'd be good if they all left and a violinist replaced them and it was the core 5 sound again. I agree with her (and not because she's my wife).
I agree that the band would sound better (less wall of soundy) with, and I would prefer, less members up there (if it was up to me, Tim to go first, Buddy second), but if you're giving me the option of adding a competent violinist to the current lineup or no violin - I am taking the violin and running...
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote