Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling)
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 04:34 PM   #150215
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakan View Post
like what?
Limiting magazine capacity, as if swapping out a mag doesn't take a practiced shooter 2 seconds.

Classifying things like a pistol grip on a rifle, a red dot sight, a fore-lug, a fore-grip, a tac-light, etc, etc as accessories. In CT any given rifle can only have 2 'accessories' the pistol grip is standard on any semi-automatic, medium caliber rifle (yet is classified as an accessory - the same thing often happens with a fore-lug) so I have my choice - break the law and trik my rifle out or swap out what I have on the rail system on any given day depending on where/what I am shooting. Does a rail system, a bayonet fore-lug (no one in civilian use actually uses that attachment), a pistol grip, a holo or red dot sight make a rifle any more or less deadly?

Crying and moaning so called assault rifles - as if they are responsible for a lot of crime. Truth is that exponentially more gun crimes are committed with pistols than assault rifles.

Not making the charges more severe when an assailant uses an illegal weapon - aka one they stole or bought on the black market. Hell, look at that illegal immigrant who shot and killed that lady about a year ago in CA - he got charged with UNLAWFUL POSSESSION - not murder, not breaking into a government vehicle, not stealing a firearm, not even unlawful discharge. That case was a debacle.

NYC limiting where you can transport a firearm to, aka giving 7 ranges in the city a monopoly on the whole market.

Not making people register shotguns. Would be nice for law enforcement to know who might have a 12 gauge in the house if the raided it wouldn't it? Ditto with 'antique' firearms (many of which are WW2 era and fully automatic) - to be honest if I ever wanted to murder someone and not get caught I would take them out with a shotgun because it could not be traced, an old ass muzzle loader with a .70 cal ball that cannot be traced or a high powered .22 with a very soft round that will just turn to mush when it penetrates the person and hits against a hard surface - again, impossible to trace forensically.

Look at the whole scandal regarding black talon rounds, the public cried and moaned about how they were more deadly so winchester dropped them, actually the just dropped the name and replaced it with winchester SXT's - which most people joke means 'Same Xact Thing." Not to mention they were and are no more deadly than a hollow point.

I could keep going but I hope you take my point. We need laws that will actually prevent gun violence, not laws that do absolutely nothing to make people safer. Look at the geneva convention for example - they outlawed using .50 caliber rounds on a human so what did the arms manufacturers do - they starter making their rounds a 49.9999999999999 cal instead - aka no difference.