Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Next Studio album.
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #13
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Next Studio album.

The frustrating part is that they could have released a double album of previously recorded material if they wanted to. Just organize the tunes how you'd like, press it, and sell it to us...

I don't care who's on the tracks vs who's currently in the band, I'd just like to have the tunes...ESPECIALLY stuff we've never heard live or the full band do.

Also the days of people needing to be in a studio, the same room(s), same state, or same country even have long since passed. You may not get the precise real time interaction, but...
- Dave, Fonz, whoever can lay down a part
- the rest of the guys can listen/record
- they can react musically over the recording live for the other guys
- back and forth for hours

If they "needed" to be in a physical space together, the guys in BNL have gone back into the studio... They've gotten tested, distance themselves, wear masks when needed, etc. So it can be done safely even if you have families.

It's pretty apparent that Dave and/or the band aren't in any rush. There's nothing stopping them if they really wanted to record and release some music.
grilldanmo is offline   Reply With Quote