Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What was the last movie you watched?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #106604
AlpineValley804
Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post

Disney was in it's prime when I was a kid. The musical/singing aspect always took me out of those movies. It's why I gravitated extra hard to Pixar. No singing.
Has Pixar even done a musical yet? Honestly, at this point, I’m surprised they haven’t.

Of course, I could be wrong while simultaneously too lazy to google.

I am pretty much in the same camp as you on musicals for exactly the same reasons, though as a kid, I was definitely a big fan of three of the Big 4 from the Disney Renaissance era (Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King. The Little Mermaid being the 4th that I was not as big on). I think the animation element played a big role in me being a lot warmer to those movies, in addition to the songs being genuinely memorable.

It’s definitely a lot harder for me to get into a live action musical - the exceptions in this instance are usually self-aware of the absurdity, like The Blues Brothers.

I am also glad you really liked Quiz Show. I revisited it for the first time in over a decade a few months ago and it held up extraordinarily well, to the point that I think I appreciated far more on my second viewing than my first.
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
Both movies do have anal, though.
AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote