Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riffs
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 02:23 PM   #156
BigWhiskey1855
Shake Me Like a Monkey!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Podcast: The Lillywhite Sessions, with Steve Lillywhite (Part 2) - Records & Riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 View Post
the culture and gun conversation was super interesting to me as a facet as to why things fell apart. also dave's drinking...

had the band and steve not lived together when they made UTTAD and Crash? seems weird that the gun thing would happen on their 3rd album recording together.
Sounds like Steve quit drinking between those early album sessions and TLWS as it's mentioned that Harris had replaced him as Dave's drinking buddy.

I imagine the whole playing outdoors wasn't as big of a deal on other studio sessions and that's why the gun issue came up here. They were back in Virginia where they could do outdoorsy things like trail riding and shooting.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nashville '19, Deer Creek '21, Denver '21, Huntsville '22, Jacksonville '22, Deer Creek '22, Denver '22, Southaven '23, Nashville '23, Deer Creek '23
BigWhiskey1855 is offline   Reply With Quote