Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Rank the Big Whiskey Songs
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #58
Shawn12

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Rank the Big Whiskey Songs

1. Squirm (love the strings)
2. Grux/Shake Me Like A Monkey (love the horns)
3. Seven (love the horns in the background and chorus sticks in your head)
4. Aligator Pie (lyrics are ok. I just keep hearing a lap-guitar in my head when I listen to this, so it rocks out harder in my mind)
5. Lying in the Hands of God (love Timmy in this)
6. Time Bomb (I appreciate the yelling at the end, but without seeing Dave actually doing it...it doesnt quite hit home for me)
7. Why I Am (just catchy and great Roi images in my head)
8. Baby Blue (just a pretty song)
9. Funny The Way It Is (poppy no doubt, but i get "if you think about it" stuck in my head a lot)
10.Dive In (pretty song. for me, I have to be in a somber mood to really get into it though)
11.You and Me (this is actually a good song. Wondefful verses and pre-choruses. I like it. I would have ranked it higher, but I sort of feel like the lyrics in the chorus were something last minute and done for the sake of finishing the song. maybe Dave wanted it to be just a sweet, simple song)
12.Spaceman (i like it, but it doesn't really grab me. The whole song kind of coasts along for me. If I rarely heard this song I wouldn't long for it. I'd probably just miss Carter on drums.)