Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Moving to a New City
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #47
laura22

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Moving to a New City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 View Post
My buddy just made that move from Boston to Austin and he is loving every second of it. I don't have any info to share, but good luck! Austin is amazing i spent about 6 months down there in 2005.
i have a friend that did a boston to austin move as well. she's been there for over a year with her boyfriend. when you make the move, make sure you and your gf both get your own social network and branch out to other people. it can be easy to rely on each other to meet people, but i think thats kinda dangerous. i visited my friend after she had been settled there for a year and she doesn't have one girl friend, she only hangs out with her bf and his friends. she appears very dependent, which i never chalked her up to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
Close! I moved to Dallas.

I'm not much help though, as work is what brought me down here. So I can't help with the job hunt stuff.

I can tell you though - as someone moving from a climate similar to yours - do NOT underestimate how fucking hot it gets down here. I mean...it's unreal. For like 3 months straight you open your door and feel like you just shoved your face in the oven. It gets really, really old really, really fast.
yeah i always wonder which is worse- getting through the brutal northern winters or getting through the brutal southern summers. trying to run in single digit temperatures sucks in the winter but it's usually somewhat manageable. on the otherhand, i once tried to go for a run in august when i was in memphis, the sun wasn't even up yet but the humidity killed me. buckets of sweat in minutes. it wasn't even 7am yet

Last edited by laura22; 03-22-2017 at 05:23 PM.
laura22 is offline   Reply With Quote