Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: 25 June 2021)
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 06:16 AM   #109
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Batman - Solo Batfleck Film (Release: TBA)

There was a lot of talk about Affleck waiting for the right script and story...I hope that his statement is real and not some contrived false sense of hope for fans to alleviate any worry that the movie might not pan out so well. My fear is that things aren't going well between he and the DC execs are not seeing eye to eye and so he threw his hands up, but is still contracted to play the character. That's my pessimist side. I also base that on the history of turmoil since DC started this whole thing. Writers getting dropped, directors dropping, the Suicide Squad nightmare...

My hopeful side is trusting in what Ben says in the above post and that, as Mike pointed out to me last night, his most recent movie that he directed and starred in did not fare well at all. Maybe he truly just isn't up for that pressure this time around and wants to devote himself to the role and not the directing duties. Which is fair enough. As long as he has a strong stake in what's going on behind the scenes I'm fine with it.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote