Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2020 "Drive-In" Tailgate/Live Watch Thread (spoiler tags mandatory)
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:13 PM   #3547
tyler3440

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2020 "Drive-In" Tailgate/Live Watch Thread (spoiler tags mandatory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_BTCS View Post
Oof. That's rough.
Absolutely. I remember this was like my 4th show but my first two I was really young for. I was like 16 or 17 years old, and I had fantastic seats. I was so excited dmb was playing in my home state for the first time since like 1994. So much excitement heading into this how man. Like I was counting down the weeks up in January lol. Anyway remember talking to some fans and predicting either seven or eh hee would probably open. I had a feeling the opener wasn’t going to old school or very strong for whatever reason, but I still felt like it would be a decent show overall. Eh hee hits, and then it was followed by fucking seven. Already felt a little deflated. Then they played If only and I was straight up mad. I sat my ass down in the chair the whole song almost pouting. GS hit and I was like finally something classic. The show was just really disappointing overall. I wasn’t expecting a crazy set, but I was naive in thinking it would be even a good set. That was really the first time I remember being disappointed in the band.

I never forget not being able to make 7/23/13 (I think that’s the date). The 2013 was great in May and June, but it faded a bit in July. I was looking forward to going to another show, despite the decline in sets in July. Something came up and I couldn’t make it. I was mad, but show day I was like ok it probably won’t be that good anyway. I was totally wrong. Prior to the 2013 tour, I really thought it would be cool if crazy easy made a comeback. I freaking loved that song, but thought it may never make a comeback at the time. I’m hanging out with my buddy the night of the show, and I’m checking the set. Guess what? Fucking Crazy Easy shows up. I can’t believe my eyes, but I’m legit kinda mad. Like it was cool as shit, but I should have been at that show, and missed what would be one of the coolest returns of a song. I would have went nuts if I was actually at the show. Crazy Easy would have mad my day, but the whole shows was miles better then mine way in April.

Sometimes that’s just typical unfortunate luck you get when you are a dmb fan.