Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Tinley Park, IL Thread 2019***
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #124
AlexK79
Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Tinley Park, IL Thread 2019***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1027 View Post
The poor sales for this show does not bode well as far as us getting a Chi show in addition to Alpine on the same tour again. Unless they space them out like they have in the past, which think is unlikely based on more recent tours, I think we're only ever going to see one or the other moving forward.

I have several friends who I would consider more casual fans (see them locally once every summer) that are opting for an Alpine show over Tinley and sticking to other plans for/around the holiday. I bet a lot of folks out there are thinking along the same lines.
I mean, to me, this is preferable to losing Alpine in favor of Chicago shows like we did in '14 and '18. I know Summerfest was the main driver behind no Alpine, but that also allowed them to book 2 nights in Chicago.

I am from Chicago and I'd rather have Alpine 100 times out of 100.

It almost seems like this Tinley date was booked because it was convenient slotted right between Deer Creek and Alpine. Even if Tinley is a half full house that's still another payday for the band and LN on what otherwise would have been an off-day and an empty building.

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote