Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 07:45 AM   #2591
Prezzy

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Coronavirus and the 2020 DMB Summer Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by podiumboy View Post
How many people were supposed to be at this thing?

I can't believe they'd cancel something 9 months in advance like that. Unfortunately, it's probably the first of many events that will be cancelled in March of 2021.

I have a conference I go to every February for work. Thousands of people from all over the midwest and beyond. I attended this conference in mid February, and then got very sick 10 days later. The symptoms match up with COVID, and there have been cases traced back to this event. I just got an antibody test to see if maybe I did actually have it after attending that event.
It's not a super large event, but I believe it's around 3000 people total. So not really small either. So last year it was scheduled in late February. And in the first week of February I came down with a 104 degree fever, horrible dry cough, body aches, chills, literally every single symptom of Covid. Negative flu test, negative strep test. Dr's had no idea what to tell me I had. Just said "drink fluids and rest." I had easily my sickest moments of my life over that week. Really makes you wonder. By the end of the week I was feeling better though.

I work in a very face to face with many people job so I could have picked it up there more than likely. I have considered getting the antibody test but I keep reading how they may not be accurate anyway.
Prezzy is offline   Reply With Quote