Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Offical SPAC 2017 ***
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 06:11 AM   #120
redsox14

Shows Seen: 102

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offical SPAC 2017 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
The whole "no alcohol" thing for a month is dumb. I did a few things in the past to lose some weight, i was 210 a couple years ago and severely out of shape, got down to 185 in 6 weeks eating like a horse and drinking mildly on the weekends. I ate like a horse too, just all healthy things.

Few things I learned along the way that make weight loss manageable...

Eat a healthy breakfast 7 days a week, its not that hard unless you are a brunch junkie. Give it up for a bit.
Gallon of water a day

As the weekend approaches, whatever... have fun Friday and Saturday night but try to take the lesser of evil. If I ended up going out for dinner, I stayed away from pasta/pizza/chips... had a piece of bread and drank red wine mostly. Opted for things like salad/carpaccio/tartare at nicer places for apps and tried to get more protein oriented dishes for entrees.

The way I looked at it... have a few cheat meals a week. Whats the point of wasting those meals on breakfast/lunch when (for me) these meals typically take place alone at work.

If anyone has any questions as far as what to eat, when to eat something, or even some really good/healthy recipes, happy to help.
Good job on losing that weight and thanks for the tips! I've been trying the gallon of water a day actually. A couple coworkers and I made a challenge but that was a few weeks ago and I havent done it since.

I never used to eat breakfast but I now have a protein shake every morning. I'm down about 6 pounds over like a month and all i did was start having that for breakfast. I find it makes me make better choices throughout the day if i start out healthy. I may take some of the whole 30 recipes she sent and make those for dinner with my morning protein shake + add the gallon of water back in and see how it goes. I'll also try to switch from beer to a mixed drink for a few weeks. I just love beer though!

Jen
redsox14 is offline   Reply With Quote