Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Annual Warehouse Package
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
phish36

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Annual Warehouse Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick997k View Post
Interesting idea, but at the end of the day, I still don't think people would be satisfied. They did this for the bonus disc to the greatest hits release, and it was a relative success, and it was only 4 songs. I think because, at the time the 4-20-02 version of #41 was far and away one of the most sought after soundboard releases it was the odds on favorite and was picked. The other songs were great, but again, not sure how they were picked over everything else out there.
The Last Stop and What You Are on that disc are fantastic versions, and the Minarets is pretty cool too even though I'm not really a Minarets fan. That #41 is my favorite thing the band has ever put to tape live though.

Not to mention that has (IMO of course) the best mix of any live release they've put out. That little bonus disc gets so much play from me. I'd love for them to crowdsource something like that again. It does seem like they listen to a point though, almost every year at least in the Warehouse discs there is another track people have been clamoring for (#40 06.21.08, Crazy-Easy 7.16.04, Good Good Time 07.10.04, Shotgun 09.23.06)
phish36 is offline   Reply With Quote