Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2022 Setlist Game / Chat Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 09:33 AM   #3135
BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2022 Setlist Game / Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmish84 View Post
If he couldn't sing it and it didn't sound good, it wouldn't consistently get such a great reaction.

They played Rapunzel, #41, Seek Up, DDTW, WWYS, Shotgun, Grey Street, Ants, and Watchtower last night, and Sledge still got as big if not bigger reactions than those. Seems like they're making a wise decision by keeping it in the rotation. I too am not a huge fan of covers when they have so many of their own songs, but he's clearly giving the people what they want.

Would I have written the setlist the same way? Heck no. But everyone around me in the PIT last night was having a great time. I didn't hear any complaints. The people in the Charleston show thread all seemed to comment on what a great show it was as well.

People go crazy for Seven too. They could not care less if Dave can sing the song or not. Does he dance like only Dave can dance, shake his ass, point around, act crazy, and make really loud noises? EPIC SONG!
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote