Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Deer Creek 2012**
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #35162
jhinds76

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Deer Creek 2012**

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontburnthepig View Post
I think that in any given 3 or 4 year run, 90% of the catalog is in play

There are only 31 songs on the lib list....the 1st 6 or 7 are pretty much out of play and the last 11 fit the 4 year window that i mentioned

so really, there are only 13 songs that have ever been played regularly-ish (using that alot today, i know) that would really be "extreme" liberations...and there are probably 4 or 5 on THAT list that a lot of people wouldn't really care if they never heard again

I don't really know if i have a wrap up here...but my point is, most of the catalogue is in play most of the time (maybe not a specific tour, but every few years at least)

and Captain, one of their best songs (IMHO, of course) gets 2 plays in 8 years (on a non-touring year, none the less)

#deadspacepost
I was more or less thinking a 4 year window was less than regularish more like once in a great while especially when a majority of those songs are played a couple few times when they surface and then put back on the shelf.