Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #20095
BTBaboon

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **The Official Vinyl Collectors Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0628711 View Post
Hoping someone here can help me troubleshoot. I recently moved and am setting up my turntable/receiver/speakers. I know this setup works as I had it in my old place but took it apart six months ago and am just now trying to set it up.

I have a TEAC turntable, which I run to the input of a PYLE preamp. I then have a set of red white audio cables that I run from the preamp output to the SAT/CATV audio IN. I have a pair of Klipsch speakers running from the receiver, but I’m not having success. Am I literally crossing any wires here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I know this sounds silly, but my first check is always to make sure all cables are properly plugged in (power to all units, correct alignment of audio output/input, and speaker wire properly connected +/-).

After that, make sure your receiver setting is correct (and not on mute).

If that doesn't do it, there could be an issue. Are you getting ANY sound (even very very quiet sound)? If so, that would point to an issue in your pyle pre-amp. If not, things get a bit trickier. Could be the speakers, could be the receiver, or could be tonearm wiring issues on your TEAC.

We are America, second to none, and we own the finish line! Don't forget it!
BTBaboon is offline   Reply With Quote