Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - What would you want in the 25th Anniv. package of BTCS?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 07:40 PM   #2589
dobyblue

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What would you want in the 25th Anniv. package of BTCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb417 View Post
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you said, but they sent the Crash tapes to MoFi? Since they - by their own admittance after the recent "fake AAA" scandal got out - do everything from a DSD transfer of the master tapes, I'd love for DMB to put out SACD titles and/or a DSD digital release, both of which more than unlikely
No, MoFi are often transferring the master tapes to DSD256 because labels won’t let them take the tapes to California where all their mastering equipment is. Sony typically don’t let their tapes go anywhere other than Sterling which used to be in NY, so MoFi would go there to back up to DSD256 (sometimes 64).

As management let Crash tapes go to Bernie Grundman Mastering in California, it would seem they can overrule Sony’s policies on where the masters go when it comes to DMB. If that’s the case, MoFi would be able to do a proper AAA cut.