Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Walk Around the Moon (album) discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 12:41 PM   #72
seanbrutus

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Walk Around the Moon (album) discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
By the looks of things this may be the worst record they have ever put out. These new songs, the 7 that we know of are just nothing burgers. Ok MME is decent but nothing where I want to listen to it over and over again. I think the last songs that I felt that way about are Snow Outside and Rooftop.

What happened to DMB? Jesus.. I am now almost 53, first saw them in I believe 92 and sadly after all this time I feel like it's just over. All of my generation of fans are long gone. In the last 10 years I've only been to a few shows. People seem to go now not for the music but to just get drunk and have a good time. Not sure I can blame anyone at this point. I saw them at Merriweather a few years ago and they sounded good but not great. They're older now I get it.

Why can't Dave dig into his soul ( as Lillywhite said) and make the music that he is capable of? I mean this new stuff is just crap. Sounds like any local cover band can do better. MME is pretty good, not great. The rest of those 6 songs are just nothing. Does anyone in Dave's circle confront him on this? Does he just have yes men around him?
This was a sad post. I'm sorry you feel this way. I got into them a decade after you (2001), but I'm still enjoying the new songs a lot and this iteration of the band.

Roi and Boyd are gone and everyone else is older. New musicians are in the mix. You either like it or you don't. If you don't, maybe it's time to just relegate them to your past and move on.