Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Walk Around the Moon (album) discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 11:33 AM   #68
Greykitkat41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Walk Around the Moon (album) discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlak15 View Post
I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but deep down I know this album is going to be Come Tomorrow 2.0. It is what it is at this point. I am not Dave, so I cant make decisions for him, but for some reason he thought this was a better route then releasing songs the fan base wants to hear. There is no reason STTMB and SFTW should be on this album, but they are. He openly admitted he wasn't the happiest with how Come Tomorrow came together, but this feels like the exact same thing. I think everyone was expecting more, but in the grand scheme of things, this band just wants to tour and play songs they are comfortable with. The days of BTCS and even BW are over. Just be happy they still tour and enjoy doing it.
The only difference is that it's all produced by Alagia and Evans, not a mix of 3 different producers editing and cutting and taking tracks from 10 years ago and recording over top of them or taking live crowd intros and pasting them onto songs. It'll at least sound more cohesive. I really hope Break Free was totally re-recorded. If it's the same crap they pulled with IOY that'll be frustrating as hell
Greykitkat41 is offline   Reply With Quote