Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Only Thing (new tune)
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 09:31 AM   #82
bibby1044

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Only Thing (new tune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper15 View Post
It's awesome to see the band sonically experimenting in such an unexpected way. I never thought I would get to hear DMB channeling artists like: Aerosmith, Edgar Winter, Dream Theater, etc. I have no idea if this new record will be good, but it's clear it's going to be interesting and unlike any album that preceded it. I would much rather the band fail attempting to create something eccentric than to deliver another ballad fest like CT. My greatest fear was that the new album was going to be a boring "Jack Johnson playing soft ballads about how much he loves his kids and wants to improve the world on his porch as the sun sets in Honolulu" affair; the new songs are quelling that anxiety. None of the new songs are Last Stop Pt. II but, more importantly, they aren't Samurai Cop Pt. II either. I don't believe Dave will be able to consistently deliver pristine vocal performances of WATM or TOT in the live setting but I think they will both sound outstanding in the studio and they're imbued with great jam potential if the band decides to extend the improvisational sections.
Thank you.
bibby1044 is offline   Reply With Quote