Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Annual Warehouse Package
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 PM   #92
wvufan2010
Evan

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Annual Warehouse Package

I can't speak to the three songs that weren't on the Warehouse 7 cd, but I will say I enjoyed the majority of what was included. If you want the short version: Roi was the star of this release (at least to me.)

American Baby Intro was actually kind of refreshing. To hear Roi on the flute instead of the sax was something new, and as someone who has heard plenty of fleshed out versions of ABI, it was cool hearing a version of this song in its somewhat-infancy. American Baby itself was enjoyable, and but if you've heard a Weekend on the Rocks version of this, you've probably heard something similar to what's here.

As cringe-worthy as some of the lyrics of Dreamgirl may be, LeRoi makes this a must-listen IMO. The final few minutes are beautiful and listening to it made me really miss the sound he brought to DMB.

Get in Line, while rare, to me seems like a huge mess here. It has a good groove and everything, but it largely sounds like Dave singing a bunch of nonsense for 5 minutes. Not particularly a fan.

Crash into Me...nothing really to see here.

Bartender -> DDTW (Dave & Tim) is the highlight of the release. If you have heard the recording of this show, then it will at least be cool to final have an official soundboard release of it, but everything about this just clicks to me. It's cool hearing an early version of Bartender when Dave was still working the kinks out, and this DDTW has as much energy (if not more) than many full-band releases of the song, so be sure to give this a listen.

I actually found The Last Stop to be a good performance. The only official 06 recording of LS I've heard was from the Fenway show that year, and I found myself enjoying this version much more (for whatever that's worth). LeRoi again shines in the outro as he always did, and while the end does drag some, there are a couple of measures of LeRoi and Rashawn repeated at the end that I found to be a nice little bow on top to end the CD.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the Warehouse 7 for anyone that cares.
wvufan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote