Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Here On Out
Thread: Here On Out
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 09:08 PM   #35
CapnHani06
JMU Duuuuuuuuukes

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Here On Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabn View Post
One, one. This is pronounced the exact same way as the word won, as in, ‘We won the game’. Two starts with the T sound: tt, tt, where the teeth are together, the tongue is behind them, tt, and pulls back to release air.

Two. It then has the ‘oo’ as in ‘boo’ vowel sound [u]. Two. And if you’ll notice, the lips begin to take that position even – tt – before the T sound. Two, two. And this is pronounced the exact same way as the word too, T-O-O, as in, ‘I want to go too’. Or, to, T-O, as in, ‘He is going to the store’, although to be honest, that word is often reduced to: t’. He is going t’ the store.

Three. This begins with the unvoiced TH sound [θ]: th. Make sure your tongue comes through those teeth, it’s the only way to make that sound. Th, th, thr-. It then pulls back into the R position. So your tongue will move from being through the teeth to being further up and back. Thr-. Then the ‘ee’ as in ‘she’ vowel sound. Three, three.

Four begins with the F sound, so the bottom lip must move up to the top teeth. Four. It then opens into the ‘oh’ as in ‘no’ diphthong, four, before moving into the R consonant sound. Four, four.

Source: https://rachelsenglish.com/pronounce-numbers-1-10/
It was probably better not to acknowledge this at all, but this was a real shitty thing to post. No need for the passive aggression, homie.
- Sean
CapnHani06 is offline   Reply With Quote