Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The NHL Thread
Thread: The NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #53474
fonzz41
The Gabe Abides

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
Wow, that sucks man - I am sorry to hear that, I was not aware the NHL had commented. I thought it was a good goal and the officials botched the challenge last night - nice to see I am not the only one who believed the refs blew that one!

As for what I think, I believe the Avs should get a point in the standing. St. Louis is damn good but with so little time left in t he game I believe it would likely have gone to OT where anything goes so giving them a point in the standings would be what I would advocate for.
Yeah, if anything, maybe giving the Avs a point would be OK. But like others have said, that sets precedence for future blown calls. What blown call then "merits" a consolation point. Bleh. Like chumlee said, I'm probably only thinking about it because it was my team.

The weird thing about the whole situation is that it WAS offsides. But because it was never called and the player/puck exited the zone before re-entering and scoring, it was not a REVIEWABLE play.
Anyone that disagrees with Matty is wrong and should go fuck themselves.
fonzz41 is offline   Reply With Quote